SLEEPsmart contains a combination of Valerian, Hops, Passionflower, Chamomile, and Melatonin to relieve nervousness, increase sleep time and reduce stress.
- Relieves nervousness
- Promotes deep, restful sleep
- Helps to reduce stress
- Stops night-time waking
- Helps to increase sleep time
- Helps to reset the body's sleep-wake cycle
- Helps to reduce the time it takes to fall sleep
- Valerian is used to ease insomnia, anxiety and nervous restlessness. Valerian is a mild sedative believed to increase the levels of a chemical in the brain called GABA. GABA lowers the activity of some brain cells, inducing a relaxation effect.
- Hops is a sedative and calming agent and another favourite in herbal medicine for relieving nervousness and improving sleep.
- Passionflower is used to treat anxiety and insomnia. Its calming properties are well known. Like valerian, passionflower is believed to work by increasing GABA in the brain. Several studies have found passionflower to be effective in reducing the symptoms of anxiety.
- Chamomile is a calming agent and sleep aid. It also has ability to help relax muscle contractions, particularly in the smooth muscles of the intestines. For this reason, it is also used in herbal medicine to relieve mild digestive disturbances such as bloating and belching, as well as inflammatory conditions of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Melatonin is a hormone manufactured from serotonin (the "feel good" hormone) and secreted by the pineal gland. Melatonin is most well known for its ability to control our sleep-wake cycles where it is secreted in darkness and suppressed by light. It is also used to treat jetlag where it resets our internal clock when we travel by air across several time zones.
Tips for a Restful Sleep:
- Do not take stimulants (coffee, pop, tea) after 3 p.m
- Do not exercise after work. Exercise in the morning
- Do not eat a big meal after 7 p.m
- Ensure that your room is free of light and your television is not left on while you sleep. Light inhibits melatonin production
- Take a hot bath at bedtime. Add 2 cups (500 mL) Epsom salts and 1 cup (250 mL) baking soda along with essential oils of lavender or chamomile
- To calm the nerves, put a tissue moistened with lavender essential oil inside your pillowcase at bedtime
Suggested Usage: Take 1 capsule before bed or as directed by a health care practitioner.
Each Capsule Contains:
This product does not contain artificial colours or sweeteners, dairy, soy, shellfish, corn, wheat or yeast. GLUTEN-FREE.