- Tolerase G Prolyl Endopeptidase, which has been clinically demonstrated to help break down residual gluten in meals
- Ideal for gluten-sensitive individuals concerned about hidden gluten in food
- Supports healthy digestive function
- Delicious natural cherry-berry flavoured chewable tablet format
Digest Gluten Chewable was specifically formulated for gluten-sensitive individuals who are trying to follow a gluten-free or gluten-reduced diet. Gluten is abundant in the Western diet in grains and processed foods, and can be present in non-food items such as medication, toothpaste, mouthwash and lipstick. As individuals have less control over their food when travelling, during social visits or at restaurants, it may be difficult to intentionally limit gluten intake.
Furthermore, contamination of gluten-free foods may occur during processing, packaging or storage, and through sharing utensils or appliances. Digest Gluten Chewable features Tolerase G, a prolyl endopeptidase that has been clinically shown to help break down gluten peptides in the stomach. In one study, Tolerase G degraded nearly all of the gluten present in the stomach of participants within one hour of administering a liquid low- or high-calorie, gluten-containing meal. Additionally, this enzyme significantly degraded gluten in the stomach and duodenum of participants after consumption of gluten-containing porridge.
Preclinical research has found that Tolerase G is active at the low-pH range of the stomach, resistant to pepsin degradation and able to degrade the immunogenic peptides of gluten, further supporting its use as an effective enzyme. Each delicious chewable tablet can be easily incorporated into the diet to help in the digestion of gluten-containing foods.
Each Tablet Contains:
Tolerase® G Prolyl Endopeptidase
(from Aspergillus niger). . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 144 mg/83520 PPI
Non-Medicinal Ingredients: D-Mannitol, xylitol, sunflower lecithin, natural organic berry and cherry flavours, organic acacia gum, citric acid
Tolerase® G is a trademark of DSM.
- This product is not intended to replace a gluten-free diet, or to treat or prevent celiac disease.
- Consult your healthcare practitioner prior to use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, have a gastrointestinal ulcer, are taking blood thinners or anti-inflammatory agents, or are having surgery.
- Consult your healthcare practitioner if symptoms persist or worsen.
- Stop use if hypersensitivity occurs.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- Use only if safety seal is intact. Store in a cool, dry place.